To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Assistant (DC Ops) (Lake Forest or Distribution Center-based)
Grainger • Lake Forest, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
THIS ROLE CAN BE EITHER LAKE FOREST OR DC-BASED
Purpose of Role
The Executive Assistant provides direct support and general daily management for Vice President, Distribution Center Operations and this leader’s extended team. The EA often acts as an extension of their leader(s). The EA may manage many daily operations as well as create efficiencies for their leaders to support the achievement of business objectives. The EA role may handle a wide variety of time sensitive and confidential situations and materials and would also be responsible for proactively managing/facilitating issues involving their leader and broader team’s clerical and administrative needs.
- Effectively manage the leader’s time through strategic and proactive calendar management and scheduling, including preparing any necessary documentation (e.g., agenda, presentations) for scheduled events.
- Acts as first point of contact for general department inquiries, providing superior customer service and ensuring all incoming requests (e.g., emails, phone calls, visitors, etc.) are prioritized and handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinates onsite and offsite meeting planning including conference room reservations, meeting setup and implementation (including technology), and vendor management. Meeting implementation may include, but not limited to, managing invites, coordinating presentation content and handouts, recording meeting notes, actions items, and audio, scheduling and launching online content, facilitating online questions from attendees during meetings, troubleshooting technical and logistical issues, and organizing follow up activities.
- Schedule and manage business travel logistics and ensure leader has necessary documentation for travel.
- Process invoices and expense reports and reconcile departmental expenses according to the T&E policy; resolve discrepancies as appropriate.
- Manage multiple paper and electronic documents including composing, modifying, proofreading, or disseminating; for instance, memos/letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, SharePoint updates, surveys, organizational charts, or records management.
- Participate in department projects and functions including but not limited to training and team meetings.
- Monitor, maintain, and order department supplies and manage associated budget; may own other department specific processes or activities.
- Support the onboarding and departure process for department team members.
- Executes standard reporting and/or coordinates project work.
- Responsible for maintenance and on-going improvements to SharePoint resources for leaders and team members.
- Contributes to team productivity efforts by truly understanding the HR function and business units their leaders’ support
- Provides backup support for other EA/Admins as needed.
- Problem solver with a solution mindset; takes initiative; is proactive.
- Proficient in MS Office and online meetings.
- Strong and accurate writing and typing skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong and active listening skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Grainger’s processes, systems, and resources.
- Flexible, agile and interested in learning new technologies (e.g., BlueJeans, WebEx, SuccessFactors, etc.)
- Organizational skills including prioritization of tasks and strong time management skills.
- Calendar management and meeting planning including scheduling and implementation with a proactive mindset.
- Organizationally aware including how company strategy impacts departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to their leader’s needs.
- Adequate understanding of their team’s budget(s) and to call out potential areas of concern that may risk leader’s ability to achieve financial goals and objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of business operations and of the relationships involved at top management levels.
- Ability to work effectively with leaders and team members in a virtual environment.
- Able to adapt to different leadership styles.
- Teams well with others; displays a collaborative can-do attitude; is self-aware.
- Positive attitude and professional behavior; acts with integrity; maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to navigate the organization, utilize resources and cross functional connections.
- Capable of maintaining motivation, productivity, and focus even if working remotely.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Passion for learning and developing.
Anticipated Competencies (3+ Years from Today)
- As the business and expectations of the EA role evolve, it is important to look ahead and anticipate the needs of tomorrow. Below are a few anticipated competencies that the EA should begin to consider.
- Greater breadth in business and technical knowledge including evolving or emerging technologies (e.g. WebEx, SharePoint).
- Drive or contribute to more projects or to own more key processes within their departments.
- Global awareness and knowledge of cultural differences.
- Increased focus on productivity.
Experiences Preferred for Role
- Previous experience as an Assistant, particularly with experience in calendar management.
- Bachelor’s degree beneficial but not required.
- Experience in a continuous change environment where quality improvement and organizational refinement is ongoing.
- Experience in a Fortune 500 company is a plus.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.