Join the First Transit Team as a Diesel Technician! - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! (effective 4/10/2019 - conditions apply)
- Competitive wages - Earn up to $28/hour based on experience & ASE Certifications!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages - health, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, and more!
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- 3+ years of diesel repair experience is required
- Air Brake, Diesel Engine, Heavy Truck, Gillig Transit Bus experience strongly preferred
- Valid driver's license; Have the ability to obtain CDL B with Passenger Endorsement
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Transit Certifications are strongly preferred.
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status