This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Solutions, RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 38 markets in 8 states across the nation.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, with more than 600,000 homes delivered since our founding in 1957. We operate in 38 markets in eight states, primarily serving first-time and first move-up homebuyers, as well as second move-up and active adults. We are differentiated in offering customers the ability to personalize what they value most in their home, from choosing their lot, floor plan, and exterior, to selecting design and décor choices in our KB Home Studios. In addition, our industry leadership in sustainability helps to lower the cost of homeownership for our buyers compared to a typical resale home. We take a broad approach to sustainability, encompassing energy efficiency, water conservation, healthier indoor environments, smart home capabilities and waste reduction. KB Home is the first national builder to have earned awards under all of the U.S. EPA's homebuilder programs - ENERGY STAR®, WaterSense® and Indoor airPLUS®.
Job Summary: The Manager of Land Acquisition is responsible for finding, acquiring and prioritizing land acquisitions for the division. The Manager will work directly with the Director of Land Acquisition to scrutinize all property deals and find land in areas and price ranges consistent with market survey data, while optimizing the return on investment and minimizing risk to the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with Sales, Purchasing, Construction, Customer Service, Marketing, Daily Units Processing and Mortgage.
- Drive Land process to meet VC and operating margin goals
- Aggressively search for land deals to place under contract. Build relationships with local land owners and brokers. Schedule meetings and work directly with the banks and equity partners if a Joint Venture is involved
Oversee the compilation of data related to specific jurisdiction, rate orders, HOA obligations, MUD taxes and reimbursement structures, permit constraints, etc.
- Auditing KB Home's customized database for accurate information
- Communicating discrepancies to appropriate departments
Prepare daily reports to provide upper management with a snapshot of where the business is for any given time period.
- Develop feasibility packages
- Provide lot analyses on all communities
Co- manage rollout meetings and related process changes with other Land department employees and/or engineers
- Schedule rollout meetings
- Provide information to the rest of the Land and Operations teams
- Provide implementation strategies
- Negotiate contracts with sellers: Under direction of the SVP, negotiate contracts with sellers, develop Land Committee packages and present deals to Corporate Land Committee.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: Must have at least 5 years of experience in land acquisition and contract negotiation in construction or related field. Experience in developing relationships with land owners; experience in providing due diligence and feasibility packages to close land deals. Experience dealing with city and county governments regarding land purchases.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!