To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlottesville, VA
- Richard Morris
- Phone: 8042053776
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aerotek • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Provides Manufacturing Engineering support for medical device Products. Provides Test Engineering support for manufacturing and NPD Teams.
* Support production of existing electrical / electronic products by providing leadership on Electronics related quality and workmanship processes.
* Performs testing and troubleshooting of electronic and electro/mechanical devices.
* Implements design and process enhancements to improve both new and existing products in manufacturing.
* Designs and Builds manual and automated test equipment to support Manufacturing, Supply Chain and NPD Testing needs.
* Proactively provides technical support to Instrument Production, and Supply Chain and Quality Engineering departments in the manufacture of power surgical instruments and accessories.
* Performs Sustaining Engineering activities for electrical products. This includes oversight of changes to drawings of components and assemblies and other documentation required for Document Change Orders.
* Provides leadership and in Electronics Manufacturing practices, including ownership of SOP's and technician & inspector training for :
o Electrostatic Discharge Protection
o Solder Quality per Industry Standards (J-STD-001, IPC-A-610)
o Other electrical workmanship standards such as IPC-A-600, 620
* Assists in development and execution of design and process validations.
* Development and maintenance of Manufacturing and Test Procedures.
* Assists with Warranty / Failure Root Cause Analysis on electronics & electromechanical devices.
* Participates in maintaining, improving, and implementing Quality and Reliability efforts.
* Performs troubleshooting of electrical surgical instruments & accessories, and leads improvement events to correct problems.
* Provides design input to product development teams regarding how to improve manufacturability and repair-ability of new and existing products.
* May act as solder training instructor.
* Acts as primary or supporting contact for auditors from Electrical Safety approval agencies such as UL.
* Supports compliance with ISO & FDA requirements.
* Mentoring and training of Manufacturing Technicians.
* Designs, documents, builds, validates, and maintains test fixtures and automated test equipment for Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality use in testing Medical Device Products.
o Identifies, justifies and procures capital equipment associated with manufacturing and testing new or existing products.
o Will procure, maintain and oversee use of IEC-60601-1 based electrical safety test equipment.
* Specifies, develops and validates software for automated test fixtures.
o Significant skill and experience with LABVIEW is required.
* Works with product development teams to design, build and validate automated test fixtures and associated software for Design Verification in support of NPD.
* Writes Test Protocols and Reports for Design Verification and Validation activities.
Works with NPD project teams to develop new products. This may include:
* Development of value streams in the Manufacturing area.
* Creation of Manufacturing Procedures and other documentation per SOPs.
* Design, Validation and Installation of new test fixtures.
* Provides support to outside vendors to resolve technical issues.
* Provides support to outside sales force and customers to resolve technical issues.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.