To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Nurse Educator (Per Diem) - Northern Virginia / D.C. - VHA33120
IQVIA • Arlington, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Per Diem Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Nurse Educator
As the only global provider of commercial solutions, IQVIA understands what it takes to deliver nationally and internationally. Our teams help biopharma get their medicines to the people who need them. We help customers gain insight and access to their markets and ultimately demonstrate their product's value to payers, physicians and patients. A significant part of our business is acting as the biopharma's sales force to physicians or providing nurses to educate patients or prescribers. With the right experience, you can help deliver medical breakthroughs in the real world.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Per Diem Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Nurse Educator to join our team of over 10,000 global field personnel supporting our pharmaceutical and biotech clients
Per Diem Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Nurse Educator - Provide education on proper injection technique, side effect management, and basic disease state education to customer-referred MS patients and their caregivers.
- Conduct in-home injection teaching sessions for new or restart patients as well as occasional follow up visits with established patients.
- Each teaching session to focus mainly on injection training (demonstrating proper injection technique with correct device & site rotation) dosage, storage, awareness of common side effects & tips to manage
- Check VM and email daily and/or log into scheduling system for patient assignments
- Accept all patient assignments within 24 hrs. of receiving notification
- Notify manager if unable to accept a patient assignment or schedule a patient visit within 72 hours due to other special circumstances
- Reach out to patient to schedule visit within 24 hrs. of accepting assignment—keep scheduler updated if unable to reach patient within that timeframe
- Fax or scan/email completed training checklist within 24 hrs. of visit to designated MSLL contact
- Report any AE’s to MSLL (via phone or fax) within 24 hrs. or per guidelines
- Maintain current and active, unencumbered RN license
- Respond appropriately and compliantly during all patient interactions
- Completes all reports and written assignments in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner per set timelines and customer expectations
- Maintains a high level of professional standards in all interactions with patients and customer contacts
- Demonstrates sound judgment with regard to utilization of time and financial resources, such as travel and entertainment
- Reads, understands, and adheres to important documents such as fraud and abuse guidelines, FDA guidelines, Pharma code and HIPPA guidelines and memos regarding policy and procedures
- Time commitment expectations: minimum of 1 patient visit per week up to max of 29 hours per week.
IQVIA offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
We look forward to the prospect of working with you! Please apply on-line at: http://www.iqvia.com/
- RN Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience
- Experience with teaching injectable medications and/or chronic illness education preferred
- Current nursing license in good standing
- Home health experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates proficiency in the following:
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Travel to meet the needs of the territory: up to 4-5 total hours per patient visit inclusive of driving and documentation time
An ideal candidate is:
- Reliable and accountable
- Able to function independently with minimal day-to-day supervision and oversight
- Enthusiastic, projects a positive attitude, and easily adapts to change
- Communicates effectively with all customers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent travel via automobile
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
QVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1071051