To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elgin, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator -Elgin, IL
Hubbell Inc • Elgin, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
440 S. McLean Blvd - Elgin, IL 60123
Responsible for the accurate operation of all types of machinery to ensure quality parts are provided to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate at least four (4) types of machines in the general machine area
- Make changes and adjustments of tooling in all types of machines
- Make minor adjustments on equipment as necessary
- Assist in preparing set-up sheets and procedures
- Instruct less skilled employees in the operation or set up of any machine
- Perform inspections of parts using precision measuring instruments
- Perform daily upkeep and routine maintenance, keeping equipment and production area in good working order
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order
- Follow instructions; written and/or verbal; from the production supervisors
- Produce 100% high quality, high volume parts, with emphasis on reducing cycle time
Skills and Experience
• six (6) months as general machine operating
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.