In this role, you will work as a Product Owner responsible for our Advanced Technology Group (ATG). The ATG team is responsible for the software and digital solutions used to program, troubleshoot, and calibrate any Bobcat equipment with embedded software.
As a Product Owner for ATG, you will be involved in all aspects of the design of the solution, including user experience, APIs, hands-on validation with the equipment, and integration of the solution into field and factory operations. You will also closely collaborate with the other delivery teams building the user experiences for Bobcat Machine IQ, Bobcat Features On Demand, and our IoT Platform. This position is open to a location of Fargo or Bismarck, ND; Minneapolis, MN; or Statesville, NC. It offers a hybrid work arrangement with flexibility to split time between the office and home.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for the following:
- Own the delivery team backlog
- Define iteration and stories
- Contribute to the vision, and roadmap
- Accept iteration increments
Our delivery methodology is SAFE Agile. We operate in a highly collaborative environment with strong accountability and empowerment. Our teams are distributed and partially remote. We value diversity, innovation, and creativity. Fresh perspectives, pragmatism without losing ambition and vision, are critical.
Role & Responsibility
Program increment preparation
- Participate in the preparation of the program increment backlog led by the product manager.
- Define user stories so the delivery team can estimate the work. Provide clarifications when needed.
- Maintain and prioritize the team backlog. Prioritize stories (including enablers and bugs) with input from the architect and other stakeholders.
- Drive iteration planning. Coordinate dependencies with other product owners. Explain and communicate priorities and vision.
- Develop user stories with input from architects, stakeholders, and other team members. Refine stories with acceptance criteria and ensure acceptance tests achieve the proper coverage.
- Accept user stories as done. Inspect deliverable for fit to the acceptance criteria and definition of done.
- Understand enabler work driven by architects so it can be prioritized accordingly.
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives to showcase work and drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams, stakeholders, architects, product managers, and the service desk.
- Communicate progress and impediments. Explain complex process problems in business-friendly language.
- Train, educate and enable stakeholders with your deep understanding of the product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science or Business. Candidates with other degrees who can demonstrate a strong interest in technology will be considered.
- 1-3 years of technical Business Analyst experience. Alternative experiences with strong focus on technology and software development will be considered.
- Familiarity with order management processes, financial processes, and accounting concepts is critical.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good listening skills. Able to interact professionally with a diverse group including subject matter experts, end users, team members, managers, and executives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation Practices regarding technical to functional translation as well as training material (e.g. – Microsoft Office Suite, Atlassian Confluence).
- Experience with best practices around incident management, problem management, IT system monitoring and operations.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve time sensitive issues.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work with teams that are not co-located.
- Agile Product Owner certification (or willingness to get certified).
- Support a team environment that is open, non-judgmental, and trustworthy, while emphasizing problem solving.
- Develop and maintain a network of technical and business experts who can assist with incident and problem response.
- Experience working on Scrum and Kanban teams.
- Experience working with SAFe Agile methodology.
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call
. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
- Active Listening
- Agile Methodology
- Business Informatics
- Business Process Improvement