JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is an entry-level training and development position. This position will perform all tasks associated with the wash bay, fuel Island and yard clean up and assist other mechanics when needed. The position may make minor repairs as determined by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Perform preventative maintenance service on tractor and trailers.
* Perform light repairs and minor electrical repairs.
* Pressure test and diagnose coolant systems.
* Check alignments and diagnose problems.
* Drive or be trained to drive tractors and or tractor-trailer combinations.
* Check and diagnose electrical systems.
* Read preventative maintenance list and keep current on preventative maintenance due.
* Perform light repairs on 'Driver write-ups' and 'fuel island' repairs.
* Work Fuel Island as needed.
* Clean shop areas as needed.
* Maintain fleet tires.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Obtain a set of tools and tool storage within 3 months of date of hire.
* Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job. Must be available for shop on-call rotation, and able to do road calls using a company vehicle.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED. Tech School classes or equivalent training preferred.
* Possess a Valid Class C Drivers License.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Possess at least one year experience in preventative maintenance, minor repairs on tractor and trailers, some electrical diagnostics, light repairs, dismounting and mounting tire machine, use of tire bars, and use of tire gun.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.