EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, to becoming a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin and cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts®. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for his or her technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations -- anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Fire Investigator
To investigate fire events to determine origin, cause, and responsibility in accordance with assignments from clients or assigned legal counsel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts assignments from customers for investigation of losses or claims and pursues investigation in accordance with the specific needs of the assignment.
- Determines the origin and cause of the loss/claim under investigation and identifies any potential third-party responsibility for subrogation potential.
- Maintains required reporting commitments to client in accordance with EFI's standard procedures.
- Promotes and markets utilization of EFI services in the insurance industry and within assigned territory
- Serves as a liaison between the insurance industry and law enforcement/fire service personnel.
- Investigates losses/claims with illegal, fraudulent or subrogation aspects in accordance with assignment from client or assigned attorney representing insurer.
- Identifies and interviews all witnesses or involved persons who may possess information or knowledge pertaining to incident under investigation: motive, opportunity or any other information or evidence that may assist in concluding a factual and complete investigation.
- Develops necessary knowledge and expertise required to conduct thorough inspection of available public records including land deeds, mortgages, liens, suits, judgments, marriage and divorce records, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date information in regard to existing laws pertaining to rights of privacy and availability of public records to assure that all investigations are conducted in a completely legal and ethical manner.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Minimum certification requirement for consideration, Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (CFEI). IAAI Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) certification is preferred.
Will be required to obtain the IAAI-CFI certification within 6 months of employment.
Three (3) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong investigative skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer