Stoneham Drilling is currently hiring for all drilling rig positions in the Midland and Odessa area!
Stoneham drilling offers complete medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) and the opportunity to work on technically advanced, safe and efficient equipment.
The Floor Hand is responsible for assisting on the drill floor and conducting preventative maintenance on rig equipment. Floor Hands also assist in the mixing of mud and chemicals, clean and paint as required, and assist in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out.
The Motorhand is responsible for the maintenance of the equipment specifically related to the engines that power the drilling rig. This position ensures all equipment is clean and operating properly, assists on the drill floor, and ensure completion of log sheets and maintenance cards
The Derrickhand is responsible for assisting the Driller with equipment maintenance and looks after the pumps and mud systems. This position is accountable for all work above the rig floor, monitoring and maintaining proper drilling characteristics and ensuring proper drilling fluid properties. When required the Derrickhand will climb the derrick (approximately 25 meters above the rig floor) where he is positioned to guide the pipe into the derrick structure.
The Driller is responsible to ensure proper training and safe work practices of the crew as well as ensuring that safe operation of the drilling rig is being adhered to. Drillers also operate and monitor the essential systems of the drilling rig including: hoisting, well control, mud and power systems found on the drilling rig.
Safety is the first priority for all drilling rig personnel
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Must have reliable transportation to and from site
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to complete a drug and alcohol test and obtain a “negative” result. (This test will be arranged by Stoneham)
- Must be able to complete and successfully pass a physical demands analysis test. (This test will be arranged by Stoneham)
- Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Extreme weather conditions such as rain, heat/cold, and exposure to loud noises
- Highly repetitious, fast paced work environment
- Preventive Maintenance
- Well Control