To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Operational Excellence Leader
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Sr. Operational Excellence (CI) Leader is accountable for driving acceleration of Meggitt’s Lean Mgmt System to achieve top quartile sustainable business results within the Site and building capability in critical lean mgmt system standards. Experience in managing operations and/or supply chain in aerospace or other engineering technology company is highly desirable.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Jointly responsible for the Lean Mgmt System progression (including maturity gaps) for the Site and responsible for assessing Site maturity readiness for exits (verifying process & results) across both operations and other functional areas with Site leadership team.
- Responsible for ensuring that Lean Mgmt System capability building has direct impact on Site’s business results. Supports the execution of Site’s vital few strategic priorities (including Inventory focus, Margin Expansion, Lean Mgmt System maturity) – working closely with the Site Leader and the rest of the site leadership team.
- Building systemic Lean Mgmt System capability across the site leadership (cross-functional) and accountable for capability building across the different layers within the Site (using learning and development plans). Especially supporting Site Leader, Site Operations Leader, Site HR Leader through coaching, advising, and training.
- Responsible for capturing leading practices from across Meggitt and SBU, and the sharing & application within the site - including Organization Design (OD) tools, Lean Management Systems methods, Six Sigma tools, and Lean & Waste elimination approaches key to Lean Mgmt system effectiveness.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Industrial or Supply Chain or related technical field or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations; MBA a plus
Years’ Experience: 7-10 years of experience in leading manufacturing site’s operations or equivalent at a Fortune 500/FTSE 250 company
- Experience in Operating System Development and Deployment, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma/DMAIC methodology
- Ideal candidate can demonstrate prior experience deploying such systems at industrial (preferably aerospace) companies and has seen though maturity phases and several stages of excellence.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Organization Design (OD)/ Organizational Effectiveness (OE) toolset and methodology; Program Management (PM) and New Product Introduction (NPI); Strategic Sales and Marketing (SSM)
- Green Belt/ or Six Sigma certification is required
- Lean Expert level Certification (or Black Belt) or equivalent is preferred
- Program/Project Management certification preferred
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate the implementation of significant changes in a large organization
- Clear understanding of the linkages of demand through production and distribution- Design for Flow
- Track record of driving solutions to assigned tasks utilizing a proactive approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning as well as tactical execution road map development
- Conflict management skills and decision making skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.