To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Test Operator II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 27 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Test Operator II with our Manufacturing Production Team on 1st shift (Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
The Test Operator II performs ICT and functional Go/No Go testing on systems assemblies, subassemblies, printed circuit boards and products utilizing test equipment and a variety of test instruments and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Set up test equipment; Understand the test and assembly processes for each type of board or systems/subassembly tested
- Operate test equipment requiring basic computer skills and the knowledge of test programs so that proper identification and interpretation of failure parameters can be recorded and entered into the Quality Management System (PFS)
- Identify component types and read component values or integrated circuits (ICS), resistors, capacitors, etc.
- Identify, by sight or with appropriate devices, workmanship and material defects and affix appropriate marking or defect tags in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Follow step-by-step procedure while performing various duties such as frequency and/or voltage adjustment and observe meter reading to determine whether the item being tested meets minimum requirements specified in test procedure or test program
- May maintain records of unit tested, accepted or rejected, utilizing statistical process control charts
- Apply basic to intermediate knowledge of applicable specification and normal product standards to the performance of individual electrical test
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- Perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above
- Independently configure and operate test equipment and interpret basic test results; learn to relate the results to the specific PCB area to inspect for manufacturing defects
- Make verbal or written reports on test finding for the purpose of improving test procedures or test equipment
- If working with printed circuit boards, perform troubleshooting activities up to PCA level following techniques and procedures as defined by test engineering
- Assist in the mentoring and developing of other testers when needed
- Assist engineers and test technicians as requested and under their guidance
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Ability to use hand tools and general test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscope, power supplies, etc.) if working with electronic components
- Demonstrate basic knowledge operating DMMs to verify possible opens, short, resistance and diode check in working with electronic components
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, assembly prints, procedures, specifications and other documentation describing electronic assemblies if working with components
- Comply with BEI quality assurance policies and methodologies; understand and use IPC quality and workmanship standards; develop a strong quality orientation
- Accepting of opportunities to train on new equipment and to cross-train into other site operations, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math
2+ years of advanced electronic test (i.e. FCT/HASS)
High School Diploma or GED
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.