Senior Engineering TechnicianTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role focuses on driving improvements throughout Process Automation for the customers' needs in Westerville, Ohio.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your focus will be on aiding the definition of production processes to optimize cost, quality and on-time delivery of products, defining the working-phase sequence of the production process in line with material and investment budgets.Your responsibilities
- Responsibilities include preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair capabilities with an eye for technical accuracy and thoroughness.
- Service and repair activities must be performed within established ISO certified policies and procedures and documented accordingly.
- The industry leader for quality control and process optimization equipment utilized in the Power and Automation Industry is seeking experienced Electronic Technician for their Westerville, Ohio repair center.
- The successful candidate must possess solid electronic troubleshooting to component level as well as demonstrated excellence in communication and customer service skills.
- Associate’s degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering Technology, and 5 years of experience in the field of maintenance, repair, OR High school diploma, or GED, and 7 years of experience in the field of maintenance, repair.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Qualification: 8 years’ experience in electronic troubleshooting to component level, field service support. Experience using calibration and electronic test equipment.
- Network support, Computer repair and OS restoration as well as software configuration is preferred. General software knowledge is a must (Windows 10, MS Word, MS Excel).
- The candidate will require the skills to troubleshoot various electronic boards to component level and replace components, including through-hole and surface mount to IPC-A-610 standards.
- Minimum travel required, mainly for training purposes.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineering Technician http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineering Technician
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Complex Problem Solving
- Field Service Management
- Surface Mount Technology
- Quality Management