To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mooresville, AL 35649
- Connor O'Hayre
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Systems Administrator
Fahrenheit IT • Mooresville, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Fahrenheit IT is looking to help a client of ours in the Huntsville, AL area find a Network Systems Administrator in the ES&T field. This individual will develop, design and implement the complex network architectures. This person will also need to have the knowledge of vulnerability management as well as mitigation methods relating to mission critical network architectures pertaining to a deployed weapon system.
- Role may be filled at a level 2 or level 3.
- BQs for a Network Engineer 2 are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 2 years of Network Engineering experience; 0 years with MS.
- BQs for a Network Engineer 3 are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 5 years of Network Engineering experience; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD.
- Hands on experience administering and troubleshooting SQL Servers, Windows Servers, Linux OS, IIS, and GPO.
- Must have experience writing qutomation scripts using any of the folling scripting engines: JScript, VBScript, PowerShell and Tcl-Scripting.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Hands-on experience with multiple networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, SNMP, SSH, OSPF, SMTP, SFTP).
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Familiarity with Windows OS deployment (e.g. SCCM).
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, test reports, and trade studies.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Hands-on experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Hands-on experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco routers, managed switches, and firewalls.
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of test events and demonstrations (25% required).
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines.
Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook.
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance.
- Hands-on experience working in an enterprise NOC in an administrative capacity.
- Hands-on experience with the following programming languages: Java and Python would be a plus.
- Experience testing and integrating in a System of System (SoS) environment to meet evolving requirements
- Experience with Army tactical C2 systems
- Hands-on experience with Network Management/Monitoring Tools (e.g. WhatsUpGold, Splunk, SolarWinds) deployment and tuning.
- Hands-on experience with relational database SQL Server and writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with DOD communications platforms
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle.