Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, exceptional customer service is at the heart of our success. As the Senior Specialist, Claims, you will manage and administer claims on behalf of contracted carriers and technicians. You will review property damage claims from Profit Center Managers, complete the investigation and resolve the claim. If you’re excited about the challenge of working for a global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure the insurance claim compliance of contracted carriers and technicians, in accordance with the terms of their contracts
- Review and audit estimates and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority
- Conduct claim investigations, including recording statements, securing public records and analyzing report findings
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage
- Issue payments or deny claims in a timely manner, according to policy conditions
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters or any insured representative
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities; refer these accordingly
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in claims adjusting
- Basic knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management
- Adjuster’s license
- 5 years of experience adjusting property claims
- Knowledge of contracts and transportation industry-related claims
- The capability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willingness to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and prioritizing workloads
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.