CFR Digital is seeking an Associate Podcast Producer to join our award-winning team and support the production of podcasts, specifically the Why It Matters franchise. The candidate will provide production, scheduling, research, and administrative support to a team of podcast producers and writers under the direction of CFRs Senior Podcast Producer & Host.The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Support the Why It Matters production team in producing the bi-weekly story-driven podcast. This includes, but is not limited to, research, guest booking, transcription, drafting copy and narration, clip research and selection, and distribution efforts.
- Support day-to-day production schedules, assist with season/episode scheduling, track, and communicate deliverables to the team members and supervisor.
- Handle administrative responsibilities that are required for the production of the Why It Matter franchise on an ongoing basis, such as publishing podcast episodes and events, document management, analytics reporting.
- Support the larger podcast team in producing CFR Digitals growing slate of podcasts.
- Help train interns and new staff on various production efforts and best practices.
- BA degree in Media Production, Journalism, Communications or a related field, with high academic credentials.
- Experience in journalism or communications with a strong demonstrated interest in research and audio production.
- Experience with audio editing tools such as ProTools, Adobe Audition, or Hindenburg preferred.
- Familiarity with web publishing standards and content management systems preferred.
- Experience with video and photo editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and the Creative Cloud suite of software a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player, with colleagues in two cities New York and Washington, DC.
- Ability to multitask and work flexible hours (if necessary).
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Audio Editing Software