Electrical MechanicTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
The role reports to the Operations Manager and is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Your responsibilities
- Performs difficult operations including dismantle, adjust, repair, reassemble and connect as required on the more common types of AC and DC motors, generators, converters, relays, rheostats, auto transformers, circuit breakers, switches, etc
- May test, report and perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned
- May direct others
- Actively follows EHS compliance guidelines
More about us
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with large scale electrical components such as transformers, motors, generators and circuit breakers
- Must be able to read elementary electrical schematics
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be computer literate
- Demonstrated ability to work with other technicians properly
- Demonstrated ability to properly operate cranes and rig load for safe movements
- Demonstrated ability to work with Quality & EHS leaders in regards to their job functions
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Willing to work long hours, weekends, and various shifts when needed
- Willingly accepts job challenges
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Mechanic http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Mechanic
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Circuit Breaker
- Computer Literacy
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Self Motivation