Manager, Quality Engineering Job ID(Requisition ID):
4519 Job Summary
The Manager, Quality Engineering plans, develops and implements a process quality program tailored to Group objectives, product complexity, volume and cost and is consistent with overall guidelines set by senior management and customers.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Demonstrated leadership and people management skills including ability to effectively coach and mentor employees at all levels.
• Enthusiastic and motivational communicator with multi-cultural experience.
• Demonstrates effective customer interface skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and influence individuals, internally and externally, across all levels, functions and geographies.
• Use of discretion with the ability to gain trust of business leaders and others to discuss and respond to sensitive and business critical issues.
• Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills.
• Collaborate and influence cross functional peer leaders in order to obtain support for process improvements
• Solid financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship building and project management. Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Develops and provides a Quality Plan which includes Quality Control policies and procedures for all manufacturing processes.
• Organizes and directs the Process Control function in establishing priorities, scheduling programs, assigning areas of responsibility and ensuring that all assignments are completed in a timely and accurate manner and have complied with customer, government and Company specifications.
• Directs the activities of the Process Control organization in Programs during design, development, qualification and manufacturing phases, focusing on the production phase.
• Coordinates new process introductions with Manufacturing; Develop quality targets for new processes by reviewing contracts, determining the contractual quality requirements and clarifying interpretation when required; Develop quality indicator measurements early in the program.
• Communicates critical product component quality issues to Supplier Quality Development; Coordinates the resulting process changes within manufacturing.
• Disseminates quality requirements to all groups involved in order to ensure that the delivered products meet contractual requirements.
• Creates an integrated quality measurement system with accompanying data collection, reporting and feedback network.
• Initiates and coordinates corrective actions on in-house and field product quality problems.
• Supports manufacturing in the pursuit of the highest levels of Quality; Drive process improvement opportunities as an active participant or team player in the improvement process.
• Takes ownership for in-process Material Review Board; Maintains rigid schedule of MRB meetings and confirm that MRB location inventories are kept to a minimum.
• Develops and maintains the process capability system; Drive the expansion and use of SPC and DOE techniques where appropriate and SPC support through Minitab® analysis and validations
• Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement through the use of Process Improvement Teams and teamwork.
• Manages Inspection and Audit resources to match production requirements; Seek continuous improvements in these areas to further reduce the dependency on Inspection.
• Maintains a Customer-First-Always approach to manufacturing.
• Supports the Quality Process Audit program.
• Where appropriate, institutes internal compliance audits to ensure that quality targets are met.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge by keeping abreast of new techniques and methods by way of contacts with other industries, current publications and advanced education and memberships in professional societies/organizations.
• Maintains an effective employee unit through appropriate employee selection, training and development, motivation and discipline, performance evaluation and wage salary treatment.
• 8+ years of experience in Quality Systems/Engineering; including at least 3+ years in a leadership role required
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified Qualified Auditor (CQA) strongly desired.
• Prior experience in a Electronic Box built environment.
• Experience with AS9100 Rev D.
• 4 year Engineering or Technical degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management Job Category
Quality Job Location
Santa Ana, CA, USA Schedule
Day Pay Type
Salary Travel Requirement
No Job Type
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.
Process Improvements (Business)
Certified Quality Engineer
Certified Quality Auditor