WarehouseBig Sandy Superstore was recently named One of America's Fastest Growing Home Furnishing Retailers!
We are a one stop shop carrying the very best in appliances, electronics, furniture, mattresses and home decor! We want YOU to join our team!
At Big Sandy Superstore, our success is based primarily on the quality of people on our team and their commitment to delivering the Superstore Experience. We are devoted to investing in and supporting our employees and the constant improvement of our company
In fact, we strive to provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager/Operations ManagerWe have a great benefits package consisting of:
Health Insurance - Affordable health insurance with the 2 plan options: PPO 2000 or HSA 3000
Dental Insurance - Affordable dental insurance with NO waiting period.
Vision Insurance - Quality vision coverage for very little cost.
Life Insurance - $10,000 Life Insurance Policy paid in full by the company.
401K Plan - All administrative fees are paid by the company.
ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Program
Paid Time Off - Competitive paid time off policies.
Employee Discount - Generous employee discount on ALL merchandise.
Purpose of Position: To ensure the Company's objectives are met in the areas of loading and unloading freight, and providing direct customer service.
As a warehouse clerk you will:
- Ensure total customer satisfaction through courteous service while performing assigned duties in warehouse as well as assisting customers with the loading and unloading of their merchandise.
- Record all required data when processing a Customer's pick-up.
- Verification through computer records of merchandise, and location.
- Record all required data when processing a Customer's pick up and/or return.
- Records the license number, and verifies vehicle model.
- Verify that the customer has no balance, and can safely receive merchandise.
- Thank the customer for their purchase by stating "Thank you for your purchase Mr./Mrs. Customer."
- Issues, receives and stores material, supplies and equipment according to established procedures and instructions.
- Keeps open communication with management. Completes lists and keeps floor current by following Visual Merchandiser's instruction regarding displays.
- Maintains list of Customer pick-up ensuring every customer gets assisted.
- Completes warehouse closing checklist to ensure everything has properly been closed.
- Responsible for inspecting merchandise received, validating its integrity and accuracy on inventory.
- Perform duties in accordance with Company's safety rules and operating regulations.
- Reports any break in safety regulations to management.
- Wears proper safety equipment to perform duties according to Company policy.
- Verifies dock gates are secured with safety chain or shut.
- Accepts responsibility for safety and security of all Company property.
- Maintains equipment and work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains records and files in an orderly condition.
- Undertakes and completes other responsibilities as assigned by store management, which may include assisting with customer deliveries outside of the store.
- Undertake and support any policy, change, system or work rules the Company implements regarding the purpose of this position.
- Must be able to lift, stoop, bend, push or pull up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to sit/stand for up to a 10 hour shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Independent Retail offers a myriad of opportunities for people of all backgrounds
When you think of jobs in retail, sales associates and store managers are probably the positions which come to mind. But what if we told you that 44% of people who work in retail don't work in sales?
Retail offers flexible, collaborative careers in logistics, marketing, project management, finance, merchandising, purchasing, technical trades, and customer service - to name just a few. Retail companies are also some of the most exciting brands in the country - and they're driving the industry's innovations in customer experience.Retail is the #1 private-sector employer in the country
If you're seeking to make an impact from the start of your career, spark impressive change, learn new or innovative skills and most importantly, gain success in a field that rewards ambitious hard workers, retail is for you!
This employment opportunity is available at the organization listed at the top of this page. Your application will go directly to them and all hiring decisions will be made by their management. All inquiries should be made directly with the organization that posted this employment opportunity.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Stock Control