You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
CFS Billing Specialist
Pay is determined by relevant experience, work history, education and internal equities. As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices, MHMR offers the maximum compensation for candidates based on their experience, education and internal equities of the agency. This practice removes biases in compensation and assist hires and/or promotions on pay equity in their appropriate position(s) at MHMR.
I) Job Purpose
Responsible for a variety of tasks to support the function of ECI Administration. Responsible for Data Entry in local and state data bases. Shared responsibility for maintaining and reconciling internal and external information and reports in local and state data bases. This position requires me to use my education and training to make decisions.
II) Essential Functions
A. Verification of Benefits
- Verify client insurance benefits and enter information in Local and State Databases as assigned.
- Fax insurance authorizations and request for record as applicable.
- Verify and enter Family Cost Share in Local and State Databases, no permission to bill, and no insurance as required.
- Complete Family Cost Share Billing Spreadsheet by researching EOB's to obtain clients final financial responsibility as applicable.
- Review and reconcile data and reports as required.
- Research denial EOB's for validity as received and process accordingly.
- Review denials and rejections Determine reasons for denials and rejections looking for patterns to correct.
- Follow up with Client accounting for appeals and resubmissions.
- Resolve any issues with data or logs as they occur.
- Assist with other data entry and office duties as requested.
- CMHC Operating Procedures
- ECI Policy and Procedures
- Medicaid Policy and Procedures
- MHMR of Tarrant County Operating Procedures
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with work, attitude and communication with ECI staff and families.
- Ability to demonstrate emotional control, good judgment and safe practices when under stress.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Ability to independently plan and organize work.
- Above average record keeping, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and implement fairly complex written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of services provided by ECI.
- Ability to strive to make effective working relationships with ECI staff, team members and families that are characterized by mutual support, open communication, trust and respect.
- Ability to problem solve with infrequent assistance from supervisor. Identify and use a rational approach for the situation.
- Communicate problems and decisions to the supervisor.
- Ability to discuss uncomfortable and potentially conflict producing topics in a professional and effective manner with families, community agencies and other ECI staff.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
This position requires extensive internal (team members, agency personnel) and external contacts. The position will accomplish this with above average written and oral skills.
This position requires driving to and from locations for work and/and may require overnight traveling. Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto insurance coverage is required.
High School / GED
Clerical experience with preferable experience in insurance verification, billing verification and/or medical billing
Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Must provide license (if applicable) and official documentation of all educational attainment i.e. Transcript/Degree/Certificate
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) Protection
All staff are required to participate in agency Emergency Preparedness and Environmental Safety programs and may be assigned by their departments as a key/essential staff level function during critical events or for the purpose of sustaining business continuity.
This position may require temporary or permanent re-assignment to any MHMR Tarrant facility as determined by program needs and /or the Division/Director.
Assigned work hours may change as the needs of the agency change.
The functional Title of this position may change as the needs of the agency change.
All work will be complete within the scheduled work hours. All non-exempt (hourly) employee are expected to clock In and out for each work shift, no work done should be done off the clock.
Prior approval from supervisor is required for all Paid Time Off (PTO) and Overtime.
MHMR reserves the tight to change, and to or eliminate a position as it deems appropriate.
Employment is at will, as well as agency needs may change.
Agency dress code is to be followed at all times.
Physical on-site presence, including regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position. Any change or adjustments to your assigned work schedule or shift hours must be approved by your supervisor in advance.
Our total rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning 1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans
• 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Paid vacation and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations
• Annual tuition reimbursement program
• Student Loan Forgiveness
• Professional development programs and training
• And more.....
• Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
• Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately after hire date
• Select part time market driven positions are eligible for most insurance plans
• Substitute status jobs are not eligible for benefits
For more information, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CFS Billing Specialist
*MHMR of Tarrant County ("MHMR") and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as "Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates - MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35o11u
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.