To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Maria, CA
- Phone: 805-349-1212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Santa Maria, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Volt Workforce Solutions is seeking for a Payroll Administrator.
This payroll admin supports for the day-to-day coordination and processing of weekly payroll for all company employees including processing time records, compiling data for payroll reports, maintaining payroll records, and ensuring all steps in the payroll processing cycle are complete and accurate, and performed on time. This role is also responsible for processing and preparing certified payroll and its associated reports.
The ideal candidate for this role is patient, approachable, agile and adaptable, and has the ability to see multiple points of view.
What You'll Do:
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll on a weekly basis: entering time, reviewing pay computations, wage garnishments, benefits deductions and tax withholdings in accordance with appropriate union and government regulations
- Enters new hires, terminations and related changes into payroll system in an accurate and timely manner; ensures changes have proper authorization
- Ensures all sensitive employee data is maintained and updated to reflect current employee wages, benefits, and time off accruals in alignment with employment policies
- Responds to employees’ inquiries regarding taxes, deductions and related items that affect paychecks
- Investigates payroll discrepancies
- Prepares Certified Payroll reports, statements of compliance and statements of non-conformance for weekly submission to customers/contractors manually and electronically
- Partners with Human Resources to keep lines of communication open between Payroll and Human Resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Partners with Management to ensure accuracy and scope of work details needed for preparing union, certified payroll and OCIP report, job costing, etc.
- Contributes to the development and documentation of procedures and updates step by step instructions on how to complete payroll and certified payroll tasks in their absence
What You'll Need:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or a similar field
- 1-3 years of payroll experience
- Familiar with Federal, State and local tax laws related to payroll
- Familiar with applying Union working rules (special shifts/multiple shifts, meal periods, OT, etc.) when processing payroll is helpful, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Viewpoint or other ERP software experience helpful
- Able to analyze problems and participate in the development of creative solutions
- Ability to maintain discretion in all situations
- Pay close attention to consistency and detail
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor in every interaction
- We are willing to train the right person for this position
Stop by and bring your resume for immediate consideration.
Call or visit us today!
210 E. Enos Drive, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.