To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Manager, Inside Sales
Grainger • San Antonio, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Associate Manager of Inside Sales will have indirect reporting responsibility for 30 inside sellers covering approximately 30K medium customers. This role will be focused on side by side coaching (60%), training (20%), removing barriers (10%) and rewards and recognition (10%).
The Associate Manager will enable high frequency of development and coaching conversations and sales skill building for 30 inside sellers. The Associate Manager reports to and works closely with the Senior Manager Sales Leader Development to understand individual development needs for each team member and build an individual development growth plan focused on improving sales skills, opportunity development and generating revenue. The Associate Manager will also have a heavy focus on accelerating ramp time of new hires.The Associate Manager will also provide intermittent direct leadership to teams of ISA’s when the team’s dedicated leader is out of the office or involved in other business activities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for development, leading and coaching of up to 30 sellers to exceed revenue and profitability goals by penetrating targeted customers and acquiring new business.
- Demonstrate development and transference of sales ability, sales processes and effectively executes medium customer value proposition and offer to future inside sales team members.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as sales trainers, contact centers, marketing, offer development and sales support to provide feedback to remove barriers and accelerate growth.
- Partner with Manager Inside Sales to build individual coaching plans that focus on: driver metrics, competencies and performance drivers.
- Lead and champion change initiatives with sellers to improve adoption.
- Observe, assess and coach to the execution of the value proposition, medium customer offers.
- Evaluate analyze, and understand local market conditions, customer segments, competition, environment and customer needs.
- Provide input on team members and partners with Manager Inside Sales on rewards and recognition programs to motivate sellers.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in B2B solution-based selling environment focused on revenue attainment and goal orientation. Inside sales experience is desired.
- Experience cold calling and acquiring new customers.
- Will be viewed as an emerging leader within the team with runway to take on formal role leading people within 6 - 12 months.
- Results orientation with strong track record of success in previous roles
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving, quantitative analysis, time management and organization skills.
- Understand financial reporting
- An assertive personality, high energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead sellers and positively influence Grainger customers
- Competence with computer software and a CRM
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.