To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Savannah, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Service Technician Class II or III
EMCOR Group, Inc • Savannah, GA
Posted 5 days ago
EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Service Technician Class II or III
Service and repair heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and related environmental control systems utilizing knowledge of heating, refrigeration and, pipefitting theory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule preventive maintenance and respond to service calls for assigned customer contract base.
- Repair and service air-conditioners, ranging from one or more tons cooling capacity.
- Replace or repair compressor and condenser units.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools.
- Join tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Repair or replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Repair leaks, leak test & add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure on all systems.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree. Three or more years of commercial/industrial HVAC experience as described in job summary. Must possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure effective teamwork and customer relations. Universal Refrigerant Certification Class I and II is required. Must possess a valid driver's license and meet MVR requirements to operate company vehicle. Must be available for some overtime, on-call, and weekend work, especially during spring and summer.
Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money and weight measurement, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Universal Refrigerant Certification
Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled