Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions, LLC, a Yum! Brands Co-op, is currently seeking a Director/Senior Director* to join the KFC Supply Chain team in Louisville, KY. This position will be located at the KFC Tech Center.
This position is responsible for leadership and portfolio management of restaurant margin improvement, optimization, simplification, and/or other specification change and optimization initiatives for the KFC Brand which has annual revenue of over $4 Billion across more than 4,000 restaurants. The position also serves as the Concept Team leader for the Cost of Goods and RMI process and Steering Committees as well as the Concept Team Leader for equipment and smallwares supply chain operations.
Lead ideation, development and management of a portfolio of improvement and optimization initiatives across the KFC supply chain
- Focus areas include Restaurant Margin Improvement (RMI), operations simplification, process improvement, specification changes, and other value driving initiatives
- Supply chains include food, packaging, restaurant development, equipment, and smallwares
- Be a trusted advisor and influencer across internal and external stakeholders including Brand, Franchisee, Distributors, Supplier and others
- Build out business cases to gain prioritize, select and gain alignment on project plans in support of the review and approval of initiatives
- Apply analytics and process improvement techniques in post event analysis and optimization efforts
- Benchmark to gain understanding and apply industry best practices and technology
- Serve a KFC Concept Team lead with the RMI Steering Committee
- Prepare materials and run routines associated with managing the RMI Steering Committee including presentations, analysis and business cases
- Oversight of supply plan development in support of these initiatives. This includes planning contingencies, capacity assurance, and ingredient procurement timelines to support Brand projects and initiatives.
- Ensure successful and flawless execution of all initiatives.
Serve as the KFC Concept Team leader for the Cost of Goods (COGS) Process and Committee
- Facilitate across all functional areas to ensure alignment of assumptions and plans to enable accurate forecasting of current and future years
- Be fluent in understanding of COGS forecasts, drivers, risks and opportunities
- Partner closely with Commodity Risk Management Team to understand strategies and help inform and align the COGS Committee
- Prepare materials and run routines associated with managing the COGS Committee including presentations and analysis
- Be a trusted advisor to the Committee Chair and the Committee to help facilitate alignment on key strategies and decisions
Serve as the KFC Concept Teams leader for the Asset Development, Equipment and Smallwares Supply Chain Operations
- Develop comprehensive smallware and equipment supply plan by collaborating with cross functional teams, procurement, suppliers and distributors including planning contingencies, capacity assurance and managing manufacturing lead times to support timelines.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external business partners including project teams, field construction managers, suppliers, distributors, procurement and leadership team
- Partner with KFC engineering and operations departments to align on new designs, specifications, processes and/or strategies
- Support AOP in reducing costs, lead times and leveraging franchise support to extend system wide opportunities
- Facilitate and lead Equipment S&OP meetings with cross functional brand team
- Set team strategic priorities and assign resources to achieve.
- Build infrastructure, processes, and tools to meet and exceed all execution targets for all concept program initiatives.
- Lead and/or Co-manage supplier and distributor efforts including Task Force's put in place to improve performance of distributors and/or suppliers
- Manage the execution of appropriate Authority for Inventory Purchase (AIP) documents for all programs according to established policy.
- Align with Brand marketing, R&D, Operations and Finance to develop strategic supply chain priorities to meet ongoing and future development objectives.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the brand, Franchise partners and concept board.
- Facilitate and support distributor and supplier engagements and summits
- Hiring, managing and developing staff to perform at the highest level
- Mentoring and coaching
- Special projects within RSCS or Brand including process enhancements and strategy development, or related.
- Provide updates to concept board representatives as required
- Drive a culture of collaboration around program management best practices in a matrixed organization following and role modeling WC2 cultural values.
- Other duties as assigned by management
*The job title will be determined by the applicant's overall experience as it relates to the position qualifications.Required Skills:
- Role model RSCS's World Class Cultural Values
- Effective cross functional team leadership and facilitation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Presence and command; Ability to engage and build confidence at executive levels
- Conflict Management
- Process Improvement
- Analysis and insight development
- Problem Solving
- Process orientation
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to Detail
- Follow up
- Organizational skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service
- People resource management
- People development capability
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Cross-functional project team (Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Business Planning, and Training)
- Concept Board
- Brand Leadership
- RSCS Leadership
- Brand and Franchise Committees
- Requires Bachelor's degree, Business or Related Field.
- Prefer Master's degree
- 10+ years business experience with 5 or more years of experience in one of the following areas: Operations, Procurement, Program Management, Supply Chain
- Prefer 10+ years business experience with 5 or more years business experience across several areas including Operations, Procurement, Program Management, Logistics and/or Distribution
Coaching And Mentoring