Registered Nurse - RN (Home Health) - PRNOpen Coverage Areas:
York, Chester, Lancaster CountiesHome Office:
Rock HillJOB PURPOSE:
Provide direct skilled nursing care for home health patients as part of the interdisciplinary team under physician’s orders as needed by the agency.
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Visit patient referrals to evaluate appropriateness, determine eligibility for services, and present the home health care program.
- Participate in the Performance Improvement Program, care conferences and staff meetings.
- Assume on-call duties as assigned.
- Supervise care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses assigned to the team.
- Supervise assigned Home Health Aides.
- Maintain clinical records to meet federal, state and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Complete nursing assessments and clinical documentation. Submit complete and accurate documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with PruittHealth Home Health’s policies and procedures.
- Provide the primary nursing care for home health patients, as well as nursing interventions, within the accepted standards of practice of the industry and profession.
- Develop and integrate the plan of care with the interdisciplinary team and attending physician to assure optimal patient outcomes. Make referrals to other disciplines as needed. Provide reports to Care Manager and other team members involved in the patient’s care related to assigned visits.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience is required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Current, active, and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Previous home care/hospice experience
- Carry out all duties with a “Committed to Caring” demeanor, in accordance with the company’s mission, vision and philosophy.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Respond to change productively.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO), and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current license/certification as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards, including exposure to blood and body fluids, as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jan 5, 2021, 11:16:44 AM
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions