As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for a dedicated Yard Supervisor to oversee yard operations. The Yard Supervisor will be responsible for making sure the site is accessible for the start of production. The Yard Supervisor will support dismantling and the cuts bay. This role would require compliance with established company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee yard operations personnel.
- Responsible for making sure the site is accessible for the start of production.
- Unload haulers and stage cars for inventory department to inventory.
- Support dismantling by bringing un-processed cars to dismantle and place vehicle back in the yard.
- Crush vehicles that have reached their useful life.
- Support the cuts bay.
- Empty the scrap bins.
- Maintain Inventory locations and integrity of vehicles placed in the yard.
- Loads scrap haulers with crushed cars that are ready for final disposal.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee yard operations personnel.
Education and Experience:
High school education with automotive background and heavy equipment experience preferred.
Would need to gain an understanding on the equipment they are operating with safety and general maintenance in mind. They will also need to get an understanding of our project x inventory system to maintain the vehicle inventory in the yard.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The interior of our loaders is environmentally controlled with a/c and heat. With this being said, this is still a very dusty environment. You also need to be very flexible the position requires a lot of body twisting and motion in order to have a clear view of what it is that you are doing.
Previous heavy equipment operating, some computer skills, general maintenance and understanding of mechanical equipment.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement