To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eureka, MT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SVP of Operations USA
ExecuNet • Eureka, MT
Posted 1 month ago
Organization is one of the largest hemp cultivation and CBD extraction operations in North America. We are dedicated to producing the highest quality CBD products for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced SVP, Operation, as a key member of the senior management team in a growing organization. Reporting to the President and COO, this role will provide strategic and high-level leadership to support long-term operational profitability, efficiency and success. The SVP, Operations will build an organizational and team culture that creates a uniquely positive environment that supports, develops, and empowers team members to be successful in their roles and responsibilities.
This role will be accountable for operational oversight of our U.S. facilities by improving processes and systems to manage risk and empower business growth. Overall accountability for US operations includes but is not limited to, developing an Agricultural feedstock strategy, while focusing on biomass processing, and CBD production facilities in Montana. The SVP, Operations must partner closely with Quality Assurance and Sales to maintain excellence in product delivery, and with the HR team to develop and maintain a high performing culture. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, dedicated and self-motivated individual, to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented company.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of corporate strategies, plans and procedures as they relate to U.S. Operations
- Liaise with other corporate partners to make decisions for operational activities, set tactical and strategic goals and provide constructive feedback
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor the day-to-day operations
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and implement improvements.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Participate in Production Planning & Inventory Management (PPIM), ensuring customers and accounts consistently receive accurate and timely fulfillment.
- Create and lead training program and SOPs for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, and compliance.
- Oversee facilities, including managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and inventory management as needed.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Collaborate with Executive Team to advise on production relevant to customer demand and market projections.
- Generate and maintain accurate Good Production Practices (GPP) documents evolving towards cGMP practices.
- Leadership of 100+ team members to maximize performance and meet business objectives
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth for team members
- Review financial information and participate in the establishment and adjustment of operational budgets to promote profitability
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics of each facility
- Oversee relationships/agreements with external suppliers/vendors
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- 10+ years of experience in a Sr. leadership role of operations in the related process industry (refining, pharmaceutical, consumer goods etc).
- 5+ years supply chain logistics management, techniques and optimization of methods,
- Strong leadership experience (100+ employee divisions)
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (B.Ch.E)
- Experience or knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, cGMP standards and continuous improvement.
- Greenfield plant construction experience required
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines, including familiarity with the U.S. Farm Act and FDA regulations
- Experience in leading multi-million-dollar budgets, project leadership, and revenue generation
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Solid technical understanding combined with a scientific approach to guide complex analysis and planning.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with technical experts to identify and evolve best practice that can be implemented into operations.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Organized with a strong work ethic and a team-oriented positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently while remaining flexible in a startup environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)