MEDICAL & MOLECULAR GENETICS (IN-MMGE-IUINA)Job Summary
- Provides experienced design, development, testing, and configuration of software systems and computer programs.
- Performs experienced analysis, programming, troubleshooting, bug-fixing, and tuning of new and existing software.
- Consults with stakeholders/clients to review existing software solutions; develops new functionality and/or writes new code as needed; advises clients on critical decisions regarding information technology to improve overall business process efficiency.
- Determines program module test procedures, generates required test data, and executes testing procedures.
- Collaborates with other technical staff and stakeholders/clients to ensure optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security of supported software.
- Documents software development efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Provides documentation, information, and training through formal and informal communications to end users, departments, and internal staff.
- Contributes to project planning, formulating objectives, estimating tasks; performs studies to include feasibility, conceptual design, cost/benefit analysis, development and implementation planning
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and maintenance of software is up to date and compliant with university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date on new industry software development standards, emerging technology, UX/UI design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
This position is grant funded with expected annual renewals. Renewals are contingent on the availability of grant funds. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science, business systems, or related field).
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of software development or related experience.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
This position is eligible for remote work, subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs.
Must maintain stable/reliable internet service.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Software/App Design, Dev & Eng
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer
or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Business Systems
- Computer Programming
- Conceptual Design