To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waukegan, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Teller - Bilingual
First Midwest Bank • Waukegan, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teller I, II or III
Please note: This position will be filled at the appropriate level based on previous experience and qualifications.
In a courteous and professional manner, serve clients by processing a variety of transactions using good judgment within prescribed limits regarding the validity of transaction requested.
- Serve clients at Teller window in a courteous and professional manner by processing a variety of transactions using good judgment within prescribed limits regarding the validity of transaction requested
- Full participation in Bank's Sales Program as directed by the Branch Manager
- Activities may include but not be limited to; call night, referrals, branch meetings, and sales contests
- Follow all policies and guidelines including internal security measures, and those in the First Midwest Bank Teller Policy Manual, and Teller Procedure Manual
- Gather all information needed at the time of transaction when it is necessary to complete a Currency Transaction Report or Monetary Instrument Log
- Know your customer by following policies and procedures for the use of identification when necessary to identify clients or customers, also using the Bank's client data base to find or confirm information
- Participate in all required training sessions for Compliance
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection statutes/regulations in a defined area of responsibility
- Implement bank-directed changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Place Reg CC holds when appropriate
- Attend and participate in Training classes offered by First Midwest Training & Development specific to the Teller position
- Work with Branch Manager, Teller Supervisor, and coworkers towards development and achievement of Bank, Branch, and Individual Goals
- Take responsibilities for acquiring Product Knowledge
- May be responsible for opening and closing the facility under dual control
- Must fully meet Teller Standards including responsibility for balancing daily within a reasonable time and with minimum differences according to Bank's established Teller Difference Policy
- Develop skills to recognize potential fraud
Additional duties and responsibilities for Teller II
Additional duties and responsibilities for Teller III
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, or in process
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking required
- PC, 10 key, and keyboard skills preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Face-to-face customer service skills preferred
- Ability to complete basic Math functions
Additional Requirements for Teller II
- Minimum of 6 months of Teller experience required
- Bilingual Spanish speaking required
- Demonstrated proficiency at Teller I skills and responsibilities
Additional Requirements for Teller III
- Minimum of 18 to 24 months of Teller experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency at Teller II skills and responsibilities