ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading service organization in the Beaver Dam market and looking to add a Payroll Coordinator. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
• Stable industry
• Very safe neighborhood, nice building, free parking
• Flexible on hours
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PAYROLL COORDINATOR
• Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
• Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions.
• Post data to payroll records.
• Reviews wage computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
• Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
• Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
• Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
• Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
• Prepare and issues paychecks.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PAYROLL ROLE:
• At least 6 months of relevant experience
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Kronos, ADP, Ceridian or Paychex is preferred
Keywords: payroll, payroll processing, Kronos, ADP, accounting