Genesis10 is seeking a Senior Manager, IT - US Audit for a direct hire position with a financial services client located in New York, NY. Summary:
Contributes to the overall success of the Internal Audit Department in the US ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Confirm audit activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The incumbent will support the IT Audit Director in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of Data Governance controls, but also support the audit of IT controls for infrastructure, applications, databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and interfaces including AML transformation programs with support from Head Office IT audit teams.
Apart from the technical skills noted above, the incumbent should be able to apply risk-based auditing standards, frameworks, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies, and regulatory guidelines to the performance and review of audits. The incumbent will also be required to work as part of a global team that audits key Data Governance control and processes. Accountabilities:
- Review and evaluate the IT environment and provide assurance over the Bank's IT applications, data, security, ETL, interface controls, report logic and project management controls.
- Perform engagement planning and scoping, audit execution, problem identification and evaluation, issue writing, reporting and communication, and develop and provide high quality value added recommendations.
- Provide high quality, value-added advisory services to line management as part of special projects and act as Officer in Charge (OIC) or team member for these audits. Work cross-functionally with other IA team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment.
- Design and implement continuous auditing tests using tools to monitor key business risks, including building dashboards in Tableau and reports to provide meaningful insight on business data. Use and develop technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement IT internal controls.
- Support the unit's continuous monitoring program by understanding and identifying changing conditions within business, risk and corporate functions, risk profiles, emerging risks, systemic issues and determine current and future audit requirements.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Supports IT audits primarily in the US and Canada (as needed). Demonstrate strong knowledge of internal controls and risks, and working knowledge of risk based audit methodologies.
- Supports the IT Audit Director and Chief Auditor in a risk based execution of the audit plan, deals with senior IT stakeholders in the US as well as the regulators on subject matter expertise, and collaborates and works as part of large teams executing both IT and integrated business line audits.
- The Senior Manager is expected to work independently and within a team environment. The planning and management of the execution (both strategic and day to day) will be designed by the incumbent and coordinated with the IT Audit Director; requiring the incumbent to exercise initiative, judgment and self-direction in meeting objectives and solving problems.
- The incumbent must be resourceful, a self -starter, possessing a high degree of flexibility, creative thinking and confidence to carry out effective solutions. Well-developed judgment, management, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required in order to effectively deal with a rapidly changing, complex business environment.
- The incumbent must possess expert time management skills in order to manage multi-functional accountabilities through prioritization, delegation, motivation, conflict resolution and the promotion of ideas.
- Excellent written communication skills are essential, with superior issue and audit report writing skills. In addition, the incumbent should be skilled at verbal engagement and presentation, of a caliber suitable for direct exposure to executive management.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today! About Genesis10:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in auditing Data Governance, ITGC controls, and, Application Controls. Technology Risk Management experience in financial services industry is a significant advantage.
- Ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new products, processes, routines and formulates audit procedures to ensure that the IT controls are adequate.
- Requires an undergraduate degree and an IT Audit /Information Security professional designation (CISA, CISSP), experience with COSO and COBIT Frameworks are all pluses.
- This is a position requiring core skills in the audit of applications, data and the management of IT projects over view of business cycles.
- Knowledge of the US Regulatory Framework (DFS500, OCC, and Client) and requirements applicable to Banks will be an asset.
- Technical infrastructure (Network, Database, and Windows) skillsets and experience of using automation and data analytics tools including SAS, ACL, advanced Excel, etc.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V