To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Development Engineer
Amazon.com • Portland, OR
Posted 27 days ago
Amazon CloudFront is a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos (Live and Video on Demand), applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. We are looking for an engineer that will be part of the next-generation special projects for an area of strategic importance and significant business and customer impact. This is an opportunity to learn, build and operate a better and secure Internet. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and should enjoy building and operating one of the largest distributed systems in the world.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of high scale and cutting edge distributed technologies, you will enjoy growing Amazon CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers for customers:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Familiarity working with DNS, database systems, Internet performance, or Internet security
• Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems
• A track record of team building, agile processes, and cloud service development
• Experience taking software products and services from inception to being used by millions of users
• A track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management
• Able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike