Current Employees Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Occupational Therapist Assistant - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Occupational Therapist Assistant - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist, the Occupational Therapist Assistant initiates and performs patient treatments using various techniques and instructions as outlined in the care plan. Performs direct patient care activities including but not limited to activities of daily living, providing patient/family education, completing daily progress notes, and ensuring accurate charge entry. Prepares schedules for patients' treatment and cleans and disinfects equipment as needed.
- Performs accurate treatments and implements timely treatment plans as established by the therapist. Appropriately monitors patient's response to treatment and reports any recommend changes to therapist in a timely manner. Ensures timely and accurate implementation of discharge and follow-up plans. Counsels and educates patients, families and care givers. Participates in department and hospital wide performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains, cleans, and adjusts equipment and instruments according to manufacturer instructions for use and hospital policy, to ensure safety, integrity and accuracy for patient use. Follows appropriate procedures for notification and removal of non-functional/unsafe equipment.
- Effectively directs and aids patients in therapeutic regimen using body language and communication techniques appropriate to the patient's age and clinical population. Maintains the ability to adapt occupational therapy techniques to meet the needs of the patient, recognizing barriers to learning. Ensures timely, accurate and complete patient clinical documentation to include charges and billing. Maintains institutional compliance with professional, accrediting and regulatory standards of care. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: None.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Previous experience as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in an acute care hospital preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant License required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Occupational Therapist Assistant - Full Time, Days (Culver City) and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Occupational Therapist Assistant - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
Keywords: Occupational, Allied Health, Occu, Therapy, Therapist, Disablity, Therapeutic, Develop, Recover, Improve Physical Health
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace
- Occupational Therapy
- Body Language