ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
Job Summary: Supervision provided by :Director of Residential Services the Program Supervisor has primary responsibility for overseeing Clinical Supervision for Supportive Housing and At Risk Staff who provides comprehensive community support services for individuals diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders in accordance with Community Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Services and Council on Accreditation Standards as well as Medicaid fee for service.
PERFORMANCE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. An ability to provide leadership and support to staff in implementing Community Support
Services in conjunction with Medicaid fee for service. Commitment to teamwork and
collaborative service coordination. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity to those served as well as
modeling the way for staff to enrich cultural awareness and sensitivity.
1.Provides proactive assistance with new hire orientation and targeted training, move in logistics, quarterly chart audits and report submissions.
2. Demonstrates an ability to collaborate with behavioral health and chronically homeless
providers in the community e.g. Coordinated Entry Assessment Center (City of Trenton).
Attends Monthly Trenton Psychiatric Olmstead Discharge Case Review Meeting as well as
Continuum of Care Data Systems Performance Quality Meeting.
3. Demonstrates a shared vision, willingness and ability to participate actively in the development of
continued program expansion initiatives.
4. Assist with planning and developing in-house staff trainings as well as encourages staff to
participate in off – site professional development trainings.
Participates in supervisory and leadership trainings in which will enhance managerial skill sets as
relates to supervising staff. Participates in ongoing community support services and trauma
informed trainings in which will enhance and promote staff direct service efforts necessary to
assist consumers achieve person centered rehabilitative wellness and recovery goals.
5. Will provide limited direct services for challenging cases in which staff are in need of skilled
development coaching and strategic intervention support when indicated and directed by
Director of Residential Services.
6. Able to anticipate program needs as well as implement Plan Do Study Act Quality Improvement
Practices in partnership with staff and various stakeholders in which promotes continuous
commitment to program excellence and recognized in the community as the supportive housing
provider of choice. Completes special program initiatives and assignments as
requested by program director and behavioral health services and agency leadership.
7. Convenes team meetings as needed enabling the team to be aware of goals and
objectives and progress/status report with meeting program goals.
8. Provides continuous in- house staff supervision as well as in - field supervision in which provide
hope and opportunity for renewing lives, through a compassionate approach to individuals and
families affected by trauma and adversity. Supervision coincides with Community Support
Services Regulations promulgated August 15, 2016.
8.1 Conducts Comprehensive Rehabilitative Needs Assessment and Individualized Rehabilitation
Plans in the community as well as oversee the completion of these assessments and treatment
plans by designated staff, including Fee for Service staff.
9. Oversees recruitment of new hires, orientation /training as well as
mindful of providing support in which supports staff development and retention.
10. Provides Anasazi Electronic Health Record training to staff as well as demonstrates solid
competencies with navigating Anasazi Health Record systems.
11. Provides collaborative leadership with scheduling On Call Staff Rotation and Seamless coverage
for scheduled and non – scheduled staff absences. Active Participant in Administrative On Call
12. Excellent problem –solving skills: a) anticipate potential challenges or obstacles; b) plan a course
of action to overcome a challenge; c) able to make decisions appropriate to matter presented.
14. Other duties assigned by Director of Residential Services Behavioral Health Services and
1. Frequent pressure due to multiple calls, inquiries and interruptions.
2. Handles emergency or crisis situations.
3. Need to contact with consumer residents under varied circumstances and situations.
4. Need to contact various mental health sources in the community.
5. Need to utilize email system during the workday, access Anasazi clinical documentation
system coupled with submitting word process professional documents internally and externally.
6. Shares functional responsibility with the team.
7. Need to travel in the Mercer County Community.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Must possess relevant professional credential such as NJ Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Social Worker (LCSW) in accordance with Community Support Specialist – State Plan Amendment under Title XIX (Medicaid).
Strong clinical skills.
3-5 years of supervisory experience.