To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Food Labeling Specialist
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Oak Brook, IL
Posted 7 days ago
Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Type:Research and Development Packaging & Labeling
Job Posting Title:Associate Food Labeling Specialist
This position has an established technical foundation needed for interpreting government regulations used for reviewing, updating and approving label copy and designs to ensure information is accurate, meets customer requirements and is compliant with government regulations and TreeHouse policy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively to provide technical knowledge and regulatory labeling guidance to questions from internal customers pertaining to food labeling.
- Responsible for the development of label copy which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet government requirements and standard of identities.
- Approval of label artwork upon review, ensuring compliance to all applicable USDA, FDA, CFIA regulations along with other requirements and approved statements. Support review of labels and printed packaging by Regulatory and Legal Counsel. Track label development and artwork reviews.
- Contributes to the maintenance of food labeling software programs, project trackers and other resources by reviewing content and entering data.
- Review, update and maintain accurate ingredient information from vendor documentation and/or alternate resources.
- Submits requests and processes USDA/FSIS & CFIA label approvals, temporary approvals and extensions for U.S. and/or Canadian products.
- Responsible for gathering and entering customer required product information into forms, surveys and databases, as required.
- Participate in cross-functional activities to improve process efficiency and drive standardization across categories.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- B.S. required in Food Science/Nutrition or related field
- Working knowledge of FDA, USDA, and/or CFIA label regulations and documentation requirements, preferred
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, required
Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Food Science/Nutrition or related
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type):
0+ years of food industry labeling or comparable experience
Up to 10% travel
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.