The Surgical Technician/Tissue Processing Technician isresponsible for the sterilization of surgical equipment, arrange surgical equipment and adjust medicaltools to ensure that the surgical devices are functioning properly.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation.
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation
- Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers
- Cleans operating room
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Surgical Technologist certification as applicable per state and/or client requirement
- One year experience as a Surgical Technician preferred (Tissue Processing Technologist – only) Prefer a degree in biology related field which includes a degree / certification as a Surgical Technologist
- Current CPR card
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Cardiac Life Support