Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Here’s the idea. We built focused businesses, inside UnitedHealth Group, organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Through our two business platforms, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, we work to improve the health care system and advance the health and well-being of individuals and communities so that they can enjoy better, fuller lives. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It’s a culture of optimism that’s not like any place you’ve ever worked. Many incredible ideas in one incredible company.
UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare & Retirement (M&R) organization is offering Finance Graduate Student Internship opportunities for Summer 2023. In this internship, you will partner closely with leadership and business functions across M&R to assess financial performance, analyze trends, and influence strategic business decisions. You will also support various Financial Planning & Analysis functions, including forecasting, month-end close, and multi-year financial modeling. You will receive exposure to a broad network of leaders and collaborate closely across the Medicare organization.
- Provide financial support and drive collaboration across the M&R Finance organization
- Compile, analyze, and present financial and operational information to senior leaders, including the M&R CFO
- Participate in forecasting and financial planning exercises, including reviewing national and/or market-level trends, risks, and opportunities
- Prepare and review reporting summaries for forecasting and month end reporting packages
- Demonstrate flexibility to seamlessly reprioritize and pivot on deliverables
- Address ad-hoc requests for financial and strategic analysis to be delivered to leadership
- Complete enhanced key performance metric analysis or ROI analysis to drive and prioritize growth
- Develop strong working relationships across multiple organizations and cross-functional teams
- Operate in a business with increasing financial complexities; innovate on current processes and make recommendations
- Provide guidance and development to partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current enrollment in a graduate degree program (MBA or MS in Finance preferred) with a graduation date no later June 2024
- Active enrollment in a gradate degree program throughout the duration of the summer 2023 internship
- Financial acumen and familiarity with P&L management
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience working in dynamic team environment
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve with little direction
- Demonstrated experience of consistently delivering results
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn and institute new processes
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Financial planning & analysis experience
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, New York and Nevada residents only: The hourly range for residents is $31.78 to $56.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.