AtÂ CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking licensed professional counselors or licensed clinical social workers who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. In someÂ areas, these professions are also referred to as a mental health therapist, mental health counselor, or psychology associate. In our organization, these professionals are placed in the position ofÂ Mental Health Coordinator to plan and provide clinical mental health services of a non-medical nature in the facility. As mid-level managers, they may coordinate and direct activities of other personnel engaged in providing mental health services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates.Â
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:Â
CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety;
CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to the government and the people they serve;
CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully reintegrate into society and keep communities safe
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.Â
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOEâM/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a degree in a related Behavioral Health clinical area.
- Five (5)Â years of clinical experience which includes two (2) years in a comparable job position required.
- Must possess current MS LPC, LCSW or LMFT licensing. Â
- A valid driver's license is preferred unless required by contract or applicable statute.Â
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Community Mental Health Services