Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
40 hours per week including every other weekend & holiday
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
The Pharmacy Department at Backus consists of Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists who work together in a collaborative team environment meeting the needs of our patients.
Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
- Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists.
- Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
- Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation, expiration date checking and follow through.
- Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
- Prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
- Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
• Associates Degree in Pharmacy Technician program in preferred.
Three (3) or more years experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
License and Certification:
•Must be A Registered Pharmacy Technician with the CT Department of Consumer protection within 30 days of hire.
•Pharmacy Technician certification strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.