LABORATORY ASSISTANT-MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY in Rensselaer, NY AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Laboratory Assistant is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by cleaning chemistry glassware, laboratory and supply areas, solid and liquid waste disposal, as well as maintaining and updating the chemical inventory.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture. In this role, you will:
• Maintain laboratory equipment in a clean, organized and orderly manner. Wash, clean, dry, and put away all laboratory glassware in pre-assigned locations as directed by the scientific staff.
• Keep laboratory clean and organized, with particular emphasis to visits from customers and other guests. Keep sink area and personal workspace clean and organized.
• Wipe down lab benches, lab surfaces, and lab shelving; sweep and mop lab floors; clean lab ovens and refrigerator(s) and freezers in accordance with a Maintenance Schedule, appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and on an as needed basis.
• Refill solvent bottles; prepare aqueous and solvent solutions as needed or requested.
• Stock materials and supplies in supply and storage areas, and keep those areas organized and clean.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Chemical Hygiene training
• Willingness to work with chemicals in a laboratory setting
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: Standard 8