To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Investigative Multiskilled Journalist
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
WHAS News in Louisville, KY seeks a dynamic and energetic Investigative Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our news team in a dynamic and artistic community voted as one of the top foodie cities in the United States. We are looking for a great story teller who can not only focus on short-term and long-term investigative projects but can also proactively contribute investigative content to daily and breaking news coverage. The ideal candidate should have a proven reputation as an ethical, trusted journalist who demonstrates strong research capabilities and skill using the latest tools and techniques to produce compelling investigative stories with impact.
In this role, you will:
- Enterprise and develop investigative stories.
- Dig into complex and important issues.
- Develop reliable sources and contacts in general and specialized areas of interest.
- Use open records laws and computer assisted reporting skills to find information and data that lend depth and context to your stories.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner for multiple platforms.
- Help with production ideas for data content in on-air and online stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Shoot and edit while using the latest tools to help tell great stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years experience
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of investigative and breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.