To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Red Wing, Minnesota, MN 55066
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Continuous Improvement Engineer
BIC Graphic • Red Wing, Minnesota, MN
Posted 2 months ago
The Continuous Improvement Engineer role plans, organizes, facilitates, manages and directs continuous improvement functions and projects for various business value streams. A primary responsibility of the position is to analyze, design and/or improve manufacturing and/or office processes. This will be done working closely with the engineering team, as well as other relevant business functions.
- Chiefly responsible for adherence and development of site's manufacturing operating system (MOS)
- Accountable for ensuring proper training is carried out to manage the MOS
- Implement new lean initiatives (kaizen, SMED, 6S) and manufacturing area of excellence (MAX)
- Typically responsible for managing 3 - 5 projects simultaneously
- The range of duration for one project is from 4 to 26 weeks to completion. Annualized project load ranges from 10 - 25 projects
- Champion change management and assist in delivering strategic initiatives that will aid in improvement or implementation of new systems, processes, services or cost-effective solutions that achieve company objectives
- Utilize data driven problem solving methods to anticipate potential problems and optimize key metrics for business objectives
- Plans, conducts and/or directs research and/or development work on complex projects requiring the origination, scope, validation and application of new and unique approaches
- Lead and participate in Value Stream Mapping and identification, implementation and monitoring of improvements
- Drive and support a culture of quality at the source taking ownership for quality of work, services and products
- Identify root cause and implement process corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Lead, facilitate and coach continuous improvement teams and/or team leaders to find root causes and/or actionable items using lean manufacturing tools and best manufacturing processes with the goal of improving current efficiency, productivity, and downtime or scrap issues
- Work to identify and drive continuous improvement actions throughout transactional and manufacturing processes by participating, leading and facilitating Kaizen events (Monitor and track success in terms of stated goals compared to actual savings metrics as dollars and timely activity completion)
- Evaluate, develop and implement 6S and visual communications (Monitor and track status and attainment scores and provide updated information to the organization)
- Resolve machine stop situations and machine performance to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume output
- Other activities and projects as necessary
The successful candidate must have demonstrated lean manufacturing and project management experience, have process and data analysis skills, a proven ability to be a team player while leading and motivating others.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 3+ year of plan operations experience is required
- Black Belt or experience implementing lean systems strongly preferred
- Proven skills including Six Sigma,
- Competency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access) or equivalent are required.
At Bic Graphic, we believe in fostering an authentic, respectful and transparent culture where our employees can flourish, be themselves and be respected for their individuality. This culture drives innovation and enhances the value of our company. It is essential in helping us attract and retain the most qualified talent, be more competitive, and ultimately creates greater business success by providing an inclusive environment.
Bic Graphic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.