Position: Japanese Bilingual Manager - Consulting Services (Tax/Accounting) - Remote
Work Location: Remote
Travel: Yes/ Required to visit New York areas periodically (Internal and External)
FLSA Code: Exempt, Full-Time
The global consulting firm is looking for a Japanese Bilingual Manager for the consulting services department in New York regions. The firm offers solutions including Accounting and Tax, Human Resources, and Business and Management consulting.
The Manager will be responsible for managing all phases of engagement delivery, operation management, and business development to achieve profit and revenue growth as well as operational and service excellence.
The firm is looking for a highly motivated candidate with proven experience in advisory solutions (i.e. Tax, Audit, Accounting Outsourcing, BPO Consultation) to deliver consulting services by understanding the client requirements, managing project cycles with engagement teams, and planning and executing key strategies to grow the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
• Manage the execution of engagements for corporate clients in various advisory services in the areas of Accounting and Tax, Human Resources, and Business and Management consulting.
• Perform project management for the delivery of services from planning the engagement, determining and reviewing the scope of projects, scheduling and assigning members, liaising and coordinating with client and engagement members, and preparing and reviewing high-quality project deliverables with exceptional client service.
• Maintain tracking of the progress of multiple projects simultaneously to ensure each project meets its deadlines. Communicate with clients for any risks or delays identified through the process.
• Prepare complex documentation and reports as the subject matter expert and present findings and recommendations to clients.
• Interact with clients to perform service reviews and furthermore identify areas of business risk, potential technical problems, and opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of client business processes.
• Oversee the performance of engagement members, monitor abilities and progress, and provide ongoing support, feedback, corrective action, and reassignment if necessary.
• Continuously build on technical competence by keeping up to date and applying to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work that engagement members need support.
• Ensure business continuity of operations, by coordinating revenue management, billings for services and fees, contract management, and budget to actual variance controls.
• Work closely with leadership to develop and implement the firm’s policies, procedures and practices and ensure adherence to the regulations and representation of business best practices to support the firm growth strategies.
• Participate in the firm’s efforts on new business acquisition and sales enablement activities to achieve the company’s financial objectives, while strengthening positive relationships with existing clients and business partners (including through virtual and in-person meetings in New York and surrounding areas).
• Support in the creation of a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
• Communicate with executive management and Japan HQs by analyzing reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
• Other duties and special projects requested by firm executives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field; or a combination of equivalent experience and education; MBA or other relevant advanced degrees not required but preferred.
• 5+ years of experience at Public Accounting or Management Consulting Firms. Experience highly preferred at Big 4 with tax, transactions, audit, assurance, corporate finance and accounting, or management consulting.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification preferred.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills in Japanese and English.
• Strong and comprehensive knowledge in Tax and Accounting.
• Proven experience with working on multiple projects simultaneously in a tight deadline environment and managing a diverse staff to achieve desired results and meet project deadlines.
• Flexible Work Hours, Work From Home/ Hybrid, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (100% coverage to employees: 90% coverage to family members), Paid Vacation/ Sick Leave/ Holidays