To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Proven Recruiting • Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to interact with senior management and drive the accounting operations of a large business unit? If so, we may be a great fit for you. We are a large, growing, multi-market company in need of a Regional Controller in our Sacramento office. This role will be a critical business partner to the Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and internal Stake Holders. You will provide key leadership in developing accounting staff, leading the audit, and taking charge of one of the company’s largest divisions. Apply today
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and lead all accounting activities of a regional business unit and report to the Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller
- Drive month end close, financial reporting, and annual budgeting for the division
- Manage external audit and ensure compliance with SOX and an effective internal control environment
- Manage, lead, mentor and develop a team of 4-6 Staff including AR, AP, and general ledger accountants
- Prepare and analyze high level strategic spreadsheets including inventory roll-forward and variance analysis
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related major required and CPA strongly preferred
- 4-8 years of progressive accounting experience (2-3 managing people) at a large multi-market company required
- 2-3 years of progressive public accounting experience within Big 4 or other large firms is strongly desired
- Experience in the construction, distribution, or manufacturing industries within multiple geographic markets is a plus
- Experience working in a pre-IPO and dynamic environment is preferred
- Ability to lead and drive a team and encourage/motivate employees to work toward a common goal
- Attention to detail with unwavering integrity and ethics
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
Why work here:
- People: strong leadership team who work well together and who are looking for your contributions and partnership
- Growth & Impact: ability to grow with the company and make a significant impact on results and financial operations
- Compensation: we are willing to pay for performance and reward excellence