We are seeking a self-driven, experienced design engineer to join our engineering staff working with retail displays, fixtures, and signage through development and manufacturing. In this position, you work closely with our sales team, design, project management, prototyping, and manufacturing to develop and implement ideas from brands and marketing agencies into innovative and cost-effective in-store solutions.
The primary function will be to engineer and produce highly-accurate technical models in SolidWorks and drawings for internal and outsourced manufacturing and assembly. We are seeking an individual who has experience designing and manufacturing products with wire, sheet metal and tubing through various forming and welding processes. In addition, we powder coat, assemble, and ship all finished goods from our manufacturing facility in Rockford, IL. We also outsource parts from various vendors in wood, plastic, electronics, or other materials as part of the product design require. Ability to take ownership of a product and follow it as it transfers internally through departments, continually updating design for optimal cost and lead time. This includes project management capabilities and communication with outside contacts including both suppliers and customers.
Advanced 3D Cad skills using SolidWorks 2017 or later, is essential including sheet metal, weldments, multipart assembly models/drawings and FEA modeling and optimization. Must be detail-oriented, hands on, quick to respond, and able to get things done. This is a fast-paced role. Some of your time daily will be "on the floor" in our manufacturing environment, while the rest of your time with your computer designing product.
* Demonstrated ability to develop ideas and concepts into real products
* Skilled in experimentation, testing, analysis and research
* Demonstrated experience leading teams and projects
* Enthusiasm for new technology, design and innovation
* Accountability, sense of humor, proactive nature and work ethic
* Self-managing and motivated; experience in a start-up environment a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Communication with suppliers to improve design, cost and lead time
* Experience in some electronics, LED lights and power storage a plus
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 5-10 years' experience in mechanical design and product management
* Advanced 3D CAD skills in SolidWorks 2017 or later
* Experience with FEA Structural analysis through SolidWorks or Ansys
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel is required.
* Ability to design parts for high volume manufacturing processes, including tooling, production and assembly processes for metal forming and sheet metal
* Technical knowledge of a wide range of materials and coatings is a bonus
* Knowledge of prototyping processes, including rapid prototyping
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code
when responding to this ad.
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing