To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
355 Lennon Lane
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice Care
VITAS Healthcare • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted 2 months ago
New Year | New You | New Opportunities
A New 2019 Beginning with VITAS Healthcare!
Join our Dynamic Team as Hospice Registered Nurse
- Full Time positions
- Positions available for the following coverage areas: Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Concord, Pittsburg, LaFayette, Moraga, Antioch, Discovery Bay, and Brentwood
Call Radina Haggard, Sr. Talent Acquisition Rep, to schedule your interview at Toll Free: 866-984-8274
The VITAS RN is a member of the interdisciplinary team who work together to meet the physical, medical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of hospice patients and families facing terminal illness and bereavement. The VITAS RN is designated to provide coordination of care, ensure continuous assessment of each patient's and family's needs and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives personally and per Team Manager reviews
- Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
- Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
- Participates in training activities internally within VITAS and externally as assigned
- Maintains focus on the patient and family experience of care
- Serves as a patient and family advocate
- Reports patient/family/customer complaints to Team Manager
- Participates in patient/family/customer conflict resolution as applicable.
- Represents the nursing profession, the VITAS site/location and VITAS overall in a positive manner
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current California Registered Nurse license required
- A minimum of two years experience in hospice, home health, or community health experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required