Applicants for this position must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, basic computer skills, and a clean driving record. This position requires an understanding of the facility's treatment program and philosophy, and this individual must have an understanding of alcoholism, drug abuse and dual diagnosis. This position may be responsible for providing services to residents during the evening and night hours and must thrive in a team environment!
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician’s orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient’s status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Prefer one year of nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by facility.
Current RN license as required by state.
Our Holistic Approach
Our holistic approach focuses on restoring and improving upon the mind, body and spirit of our adolescents & adults that attend this program. The first part of this specific approach includes guiding our residents away from continual substance abuse through detox, proper diet and exercise, and participation in experiential and recreational activities. We offer Yoga, Acupuncture, and Meditation tools. As their bodies begin to sober up, they are able to establish a clearer state of mind, which allows them to better connect to the Recovery Support Network options and additional therapeutic mediums. As their participation in these modalities becomes more frequent, our residents are encouraged to establish a spiritual connection with their recovery, either through their own personal faith or the natural environment they are entrenched in. By offering this holistic approach, our clientele can begin healing their bodies, minds and spirits as they look to obtain long-term sobriety by creating a healthier and happier lifestyle.
*Employment is contingent upon successful DOJ clearance and completion of your background screening, including a pre-employment drug test - we are a drug free facility.
The Camp Recovery Center & Acadia Healthcare
The Camp Recovery Center has been treating adults and adolescents for drug addiction for over 30 years, and has built a nationally recognized reputation in medical and therapeutic communities. Our compassionate and caring treatment programs provide the newest advances in addiction treatment, all while residing in a truly peaceful setting located in the Santa Cruz redwoods. We are committed to providing the best care available for those suffering from the disease of addiction.
URL blocked - click to apply
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to develop your skills within our fast paced and growing program. There are many internal opportunities for advancement both at Camp Recovery Center and our parent company, Acadia Healthcare.
URL blocked - click to apply
Acadia is a provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare services. Acadia operates a network of 225 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 9,190 beds in 37 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs
We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of chemical dependency treatment to adolescents and adults, embracing the values of integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability, and excellence into the care we provide,. Whether you are battling an addiction to alcohol, heroin, meth, or pain medications, you can rest assured that the staff at The Camp will do everything in our power to not only help you heal, but to help you regain the confidence needed to lead a life of lasting sobriety.We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of chemical dependency treatment to adolescents and adults, embracing the values of integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability, and excellence into the care we provide.
• Acadia Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
• Acadia Healthcare offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for eligible classifications including competitive salaries, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, LTD and STD.
• Employment is contingent upon successful clearance and completion of your background screening.