To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Life, Absence and Disability Consultant
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Atlanta, GA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth We are seeking LAD Consultant in our H&B Line of Business.
The purpose of this position is to support the lead consultant(s) in managing client accounts and begin to project manage on their own by researching, analyzing, and evaluating LAD benefits plans and programs . The types of projects the Associate Consultant will partner with employers are not limited to but will typically include:
Financial: including underwriting, data analytics, and partnership with LAD actuaries to support predictive modeling, relative values, and funding analysis;
Administrative: including contracts, performance guarantees, leave of absence policies, program reviews, support of custom claim management models;
Audits: vendor operational assessments and detailed reviews of vendor and client LAD files;
Plan strategy: including benchmarking, integrated health and LAD design, ADAAA strategy, stay at work / return to work strategy, absence management strategy, and integrated group and IDI design; and
Vendor management: including request for proposals, renewals, negotiations, implementation, and issue resolution.
To fulfill this role, the H&B LAD Consultant will:
- Provide financial and administrative analysis, operational assessment and claim file reviews, plan strategy, and vendor management
- Data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting models
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
Project management & consulting skills – understand and demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as:
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Interpret benchmark data and present to client
- Manage portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts
- Manage the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Assist in the development of project budgets and billing reports
- Participate in client calls and meetings, as appropriate
- Delegate to and review project work of more junior colleagues
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications
- Understand LAD products, services and tools including vendor/carrier markets, which will encompass developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
• Understand more advanced underwriting and financial skills, LAD claim management, LAD product offerings and administration, technical tools, and intranet resources such as H&B MercerLink by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
• Exhibit a basic understanding of broader Health and Benefits products, including medical and dental, to facilitate integrated LAD and health strategy
Data manipulation and review – delegate data entry to more junior colleagues and review for accuracy and reasonableness; provide data template (Excel) where necessary; conduct data entry in cases where no lower level analysts are availableQualifications
- BA/BS preferred
- At least three years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team.
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.