ADA Accommodation Coordinator
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
As the largest provider of disability and absence management solutions, Sedgwick offers a combination of services covering every possible time away from work scenario. Our clients depend on us to support and improve the health and productivity of their workforce in a way that is cost-effective, efficient and compliant.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process claims and determine accommodation options following written guidelines and procedures pursuant to ADA, state and/or client requirements; to make timely referrals for appropriate disability and federal/state leave of absence eligibility review; and to ensure the ongoing processing of claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Informs claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames, and claims status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claims system.
- Reviews medical information to determine if the claimant meets the requirements under ADA, state, and/or client requirements for a qualifying condition.
- Makes claim determinations to approve non-complex ADA claims or makes a recommendation to team lead to deny claims based on the ADA, state, and/or client requirements. Processes ADA claims ensuring compliance with duration control guidelines, ADA and state regulations, and/or client-specific process provisions.
- Determines accommodation options; makes timely claims referrals for appropriate disability or federal/state leave of absence eligibility reviews where applicable.
- Conducts initial employee interview per process guidelines.
- Utilizes the appropriate clinical and vocational resources in case assessment (i.e. duration guidelines, in-house clinicians, ADA job accommodation specialists).
- Refers cases as appropriate to team lead.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
Two (2) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. One (1) year of benefits or claims management experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.