ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ABF Freight family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Project Engineer to join the ABF Freight team. The Project Engineer creates innovative solutions to business problems using mathematical modeling, engineering principals, Lean Six Sigma, programming, business knowledge and other advanced skills. This position also coordinates, plans, executes and assesses projects and processes in support of various departments or business units within deadlines, budgets and resource constraints.
The Project Engineer acquires team resources and coordinates team efforts in order to deliver results on projects/processes that are part of the strategic plan for ArcBest Corporation and its subsidiaries. In addition, this position provides clear and concise project definition, scope, action plans, and communication.
Your contribution may include:
* Support ArcBest Corporation and its subsidiaries on technical and strategic initiatives.
* Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, not to exclude full risk assessment and recommendations for adjustment of priorities, as needed.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Senior Leadership.
* Develop formal project plans, resources, proposals, budgetary proposals, project charters and communications, as assigned.
* Build, develop and grow all business relationships vital to the success of project management and process improvement.
* Provide resource estimates to key stakeholders including personnel, budgetary and technology investments.
* Use provided tools to plan and track milestones, dependencies, timelines, deliverables and progress updates and perform financial evaluations on projects/services
* Define clearly and manage project success metrics on an on-going basis even after the completion of projects.
* Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to ensure quality, positive actions and accountability and identify and resolve issues and conflict within the team.
* Meet and communicate with Senior Leadership and external customers to provide updates, seek direction, give presentations, communicate success barriers and showcase project results.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Project Engineer, you will be a member of the ABF Freight Process Development & Compliance team in Fort Smith, AR. Your work hours will be 8:00AM - 5:00PM with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, preferred.
Experience: Prior experience in Logistics, Operations, Sales, Transportation, Pricing or other related field, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of and experience with databases, systems and software.
Other Requirements: Understanding of the organization, behavior, business practices and inter-connectivity within the Corporation. Ability to travel as needed.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
1. mailto:[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer